Quake Video Maker
Version 1.4.2 is released.
- It contains a workaround to make Xvid codec work.
- Bug fixed regarding sound import in RoQ. Problem with Loop and Truncate.
- Check out download section below, there's now a short list of useful codecs that have also been tested with QVM.
Ever wanted to create your own Movie from Quake screenshots?
Here is Quake Video Maker. A simple tool to create AVI files with both video and audio.
- Import TGA, JPEG, BMP and PNG sequences into scenes
- Import AVI movies
- Import RoQ (IdSoftware video format)
- Import GIF animations
- Import RoQ movies
- Export to AVI using available video codecs on your PC
- Export to RoQ to create ingame videos.
- Organize your scenes
- Make scenes transitions
- Special effects (PIP, Overlay, Luma, Monochomatic, ...)
- Add your favourite MP3 or WAV file as the movie soundtrack
- Include image sequences generated by Flash (or other tools) to create title scenes
Wanna see what kind of movie you can create?
Recommended: get the latest DivX codecs.
A wow frags movie (own-age contest). By Bun
The RunFic (22mb)
PIP demo and credits scene demo. By Swift
FX Demo (4mb)
cos1_beta7a by ForM using QVM special effects
ForM takes Flight (104mb)
Pro Tricks By ForM
QVM Promo1 (29Mb) Humble tricks and PCD By Swift
QVM Promo2 (35Mb) Pro Tricks By YaNn
QVM Promo3 (23Mb) Amazing tricks By IpsI
Download and links
Here is a short list of useful and tested codecs on QVM. Any FourCC codec should work just fine. If not, just tell me.
- DivX 5.0.x, needless to introduce it
- Xvid (stable and unstable), another MPEG4 flavour, very fast and good quality codec.
- Huffyuv 2.1.1, lossless compression, very useful to keep screenshots into an AVI and saving disk space.
- Also tested against ULead MJPEG codec.
For further informations, comments, bugs please mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Swift-Tools 2002-2003